What The Night Brings Available for Pre-Order

 It took a couple of years longer than I intended but my next book, What The Night Brings, is now available for pre-order in time for Halloween!

What The Night Brings
Release Date: 10/28/2021

From the jacket:

"In this dark, paranormal fantasy, Trevor Schmidt tells a tale of loss, addiction, and the lengths one would go to help friend or family. Riddled with elements of suspense and horror, readers are in for a thrill."

This book is a departure from my typical style and includes elements of suspense, fantasy, paranormal, and horror. I wrote my rough draft entirely by hand with a fountain pen in a notebook and the experience was an interesting one to say the least. I had a lot of false starts and at times the dark subject matter was difficult to write given the tensions and mood in the world today. Still, I think it's necessary to explore the darkness in order to recognize the light.

This book is inspired by the dark and imaginative tales of Edgar Allan Poe, H.P. Lovecraft, T.S. Eliot, and Dante's Divine Comedy. The story itself lived in my dreams for years before I ever dared touch pen to paper and took a reimagining of my own creative process to allow me to finish it.

I hope you enjoy this little sliver of my mind and take from it a message that's useful to you in uncertain times.


Comments